Events & Meetings
November MeetingNovember 14, 2018
A Discussion on the Complexities of Railroad EngineeringAllan M. Zarembsky Ph. D. P. E. FASME Hon. Mbe. AREMA
Dr. Zarembski is an internationally recognized authority in the fields of track and vehicle/track system analysis, railway component failure analysis, track strength, and maintenance planning. Dr. Zarembski is Professor and Director of the Railroad Engineering and Safety Program at the University of Delaware. Prior to that he was VP and GM of ZETA-TECH, an independent business unit of Harsco Rail, which established in 1984 and which was acquired by Harsco is 2007. Dr. Zarembski also served as Director of R&D for Pandrol Inc., Director of R&D for Speno Rail Services Co. and Manager, Track Research for the AAR.
Dr. Zarembski is a Life member of ASCE and a Fellow of ASME, where he was the recipient of their Rail Transportation Award in 1992 and the US Federal Railroad Administration’s Special Act Award in 2001. Dr. Zarembski has authored or co-authored over 180 technical papers, over 120 technical articles, and two books. He has a PhD and M.A. in Civil Engineering from Princeton University, an M.S. in Engineering Mechanics and a B.S. in Aeronautics and Astronautics from New York University. He is a registered Professional Engineer in five states.
Meeting Location & Details(Unless Otherwise Noted)
Social Hour: 6:00p
Dinner in the ballroom: 7:00p
Jacket Required, Tie Optional
Non Dues Paying Members: $60
Students & Government Employees: $30
Registration Deadline & Cancellation Policy
There is generally street parking available nearby after 6pm. (Limited to two hours without a permit until 8pm).
Pay to Park Facilities:
- Metered Parking: N. Calvert Street
- Central Parking: 520 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Baltimore Sun Garage: 601 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202
- Parking Management Inc: 690 N Calvert St, Baltimore, MD 21202
Registrations are open until Noon, the Friday prior to the event. At that time all reservations are considered firm and billed. You will not be able to receive a refund after that time. Additionally, you will be invoiced, via email, for payment in the event you cancel, after this deadline or do not attend the event. You will not have to pay if you cancel your registration prior to this deadline.
- Registration is always required regardless of payment method by Friday at noon prior to the event. If you need to register multiple attendees please fill out one form for each attendee.
- If you choose not to pay via credit card (through paypal) additional payment options are available through check or cash. Details are available during checkout.
- If you are an administrator paying for multiple employees, a single payment may be made. Please register each attendee using the form and then add each attendee to the shopping cart, after selecting their membership status/pay rate and adding their name. Then complete the checkout process.
- To cancel your reservation or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.