Washington County Government
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Establishes scope, reviews, and analyzes TIS; coordinates and collaborates with State Highway Administration when applicable.
2. Reviews residential, commercial and industrial development plans for compliance with County Ordinances and Design Standards and Specs and with State Stormwater Management and Floodplain regulations. Recommends approval or denial and provides detailed written comments to design professionals.
3. Advises on an as-needed basis for hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, SWM BMPs, road design and site plan layout for County capital projects.
4. Attends preliminary consultation meetings with County staff, consultants, and developers to listen to and give insight on Land Development Agreements, Road Adequacy Policy, Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance, Stormwater Management and Floodplain Ordinances and County Design and Construction Standards.
5. Reviews applications for issues to be heard by the County’s Board of Zoning Appeals
6. Performs related tasks as required.
1. Considerable knowledge of civil engineering, traffic engineering, and related construction; above-average writing and conversational communication skills
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with engineers, contractors, developers, federal, state & local officials, colleagues, special interest groups and the public.
3. Thorough understanding of general transportation engineering and planning concepts; experience conducting traffic engineering and studies; trip generation, project planning studies.
4. Traffic modeling experience desired with proficiency in Highway Capacity Software, Syncro, GIS, and Microsoft Office.
5. Road design, hydrology/hydraulics, stormwater management, site and subdivision development experience desirable.
6. Knowledge of MUTCD, SYNCHRO, TR-20, TR-55, HEC-2, HEC-RAS and AutoCAD desirable.
7. Ability and ambition to acquire knowledge of related tasks
8. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering/ Planning, or related field. A minimum of three (3) years of proven and applicable professional design and/or consulting experience.
Experience in Traffic Engineering or Transportation Planning is highly desirable. Registration as a Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Maryland is highly desirable.
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: 240-313-2443
Posted On: 2/11/2020 13:25:09