Senior Structural Engineer
Tuhin Basu & Associates, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tuhin Basu & Associates, Inc. is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Structural Engineer in our Baltimore-Washington area (Columbia, MD) office, to support a wide variety of structural engineering assignments. Primary responsibilities will include structural design and analysis of new and existing transportation facilities, structures, and bridges, including rehabilitation design; development of contract documents, including drawings and specifications; performing condition inspections of bridges and other types of highway structures, in accordance with NBI standards; performing construction phase services including shop drawing reviews; coordinating civil/structural engineering design efforts for multi-discipline engineering projects; performing QA/QC reviews of design products and inspection reports in accordance with TBA Quality Control Program; and communicating with clients.
The position requires occasional lifting up to 25 pounds, ability to climb ladders and work at heights, and work outdoors year round, with occasional night work.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in structural and/or bridge design, analysis and inspection.
- Licensed Registered Professional Engineer (Maryland/Virginia PE license preferred).
- Qualified NBIS Inspection Team Leader; NHI Fracture Critical Inspection Training a plus.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in the development of contract documents including drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of AASHTO Bridge Design Specifications.
- Experienced with a variety of bridge design, analysis, and rating programs.
- Proficient in the use of MicroStation software.
- Must possess current driver’s license with safe driving record.
Tuhin Basu & Associates, Inc. offers excellent compensation and benefits package including matched 401(k) and health insurance. Tuhin Basu & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: email@example.com
Posted On: 1/31/2020 12:59:59