Project Manager – Transportation Department
EBA Engineering, Inc.
EBA Engineering, Inc. is a rapidly growing civil engineering firm with focus on transportation engineering design with 5 office locations and about 200 employees throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Manager for the Transportation Department based in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must have extensive experience working with the Maryland Department of Transportation as well as local government transportation engineering departments, consultants and contractor partners.
As a Project Manager, you will provide engineering expertise and knowledge for transportation projects (highway design), management of design tasks, management of technical staff, and responsible for production of complete contract documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates). Candidate will also assist with proposal development for project pursuits. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the design of transportation projects and development of contract documents, preferably for MDOT SHA projects. Qualified candidates should possess excellent communication skills and demonstrated supervisory experience and strong client management abilities.
- U.S. Citizen, Green Card Resident or Work Authorization in the United States Ability to successfully pass a federal, state, and local security background check pre-employment drug screening.
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing them and the work they do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere.
EBA provides civil/site, environmental, geotechnical, structural, transportation, water resources, and water systems engineering; surveying and mapping; construction management/inspection; field and laboratory material testing; asset management; and geospatial technologies services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with us.
EBA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Performing a key role in the transportation project team in all aspects of design, analysis, evaluation, and construction phase support services
- Manage design projects and tasks for the Transportation Department, including highways, streets, pedestrian facilities, bike paths and trails, access roads, parking lots, etc.
- Guide technical staff designing transportation facilities and developing contract documents
- Development of contract documents, including quality control reviews
- Assist with task, project and contract proposals
- Ensure projects adhere to company quality control program and safety standards
- Provide technical direction and guidance to junior staff, as well as hands-on design, as needed
- Prepare engineering calculations and prepare technical reports
- Perform field-related work including site visits, field inventories, and traffic data collection
- Completing tasks within schedule and budget to the satisfaction of our public and private clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in transportation facility / highway design
- Demonstrated experience working with MDOT and local government transportation departments
- Experience in developing complete contract documents for transportation projects
- Proficient with CAD software; MicroStation and/or Autocad
- Proficient with various highway design software (e.g., Bentley InRoads, Civil 3D, Autoturn)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related is required
- A professional engineering (P.E.) license in civil or structural is required
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable of AASHTO, FHWA, and Maryland DOT design codes and standards
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: 12/9/2019 15:07:16