Project Manager - Structural Engineering Department
EBA Engineering, Inc.
EBA Engineering, Inc. is a rapidly growing civil engineering firm with focus on transportation engineering design with 5 office locations and about 200 employees throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Manager for the Structural Engineering Department based in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must have extensive experience working with the Maryland Department of Transportation as well as local government transportation engineering departments, consultants and contractor partners.
As a Project Manager, you will provide engineering expertise and knowledge for structural transportation projects (bridge design and bridge inspection), management of design tasks, management of technical staff, and responsible for production of complete contract documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates). Candidate will also assist with proposal development for project pursuits. Candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in structural design and/or bridge inspection for transportation projects and development of contract documents, preferably for MDOT SHA projects. Qualified candidates should possess excellent communication skills and demonstrated supervisory experience and strong client management abilities.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Performing a key role in the structural engineering project team in all aspects of design, analysis, inspection, evaluation, load rating and construction phase support services
- Manage design and inspection projects and tasks for the Structural Engineering Department, including new, replacement, and rehabilitation of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and other transportation projects; bridge and ancillary structure condition inspections and reports, load rating analysis, etc.
- Guide technical staff designing transportation structures and developing contract documents
- Development of contract documents, including quality control reviews
- Assist with task, project and contract proposals
- Ensure projects adhere to company quality control program and safety standards
- Provide technical direction and guidance to junior staff, as well as hands-on design, as needed
- Prepare engineering calculations and prepare technical reports
- Perform field-related work including structure condition inspections, site visits, and field inventories
- Completing tasks within schedule and budget to the satisfaction of our public and private clients
- 10+ years of experience in structural engineering and condition inspection
- Demonstrated experience working with MDOT and local government transportation departments
- Experience in developing complete contract documents for structural projects
- Proficient with CAD software; MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient with various structural design software (e.g., Bentley LARS, STAAD, LEAP)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related is required
- A professional engineering (P.E.) license in civil or structural is required
- Bridge Inspection certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable of AASHTO, FHWA, and Maryland DOT design codes and standards
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: 12/4/2019 10:57:06