Business Center Sector Leader- Community Development
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Business Center Sector Leader for our Metropolitan Washington DC practice. The Sector Leader position is for an individual that is talented in planning, strategic opportunity development, business top line performance, management of opportunity teams, and a technical expert that can be in a key technical project role and provide strategic advice and direction throughout project development. Leading teams and collaborating with regional leaders are key to this opportunity. The successful candidate will be passionate about business development and sales and have a strong focus on developing strategic business targets to meet sales goals leading a team of account managers.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead business development and marketing efforts to grow Stantec’s community development business
- Develop and lead a team within the Metro Washington DC business units to fulfill business development goals and functions.
- Provide leadership for the client agreements, pre-qualifications and proposals.
- Develop, implement, and track business improvement initiatives.
- Lead and be actively engaged with current and prospective client’s relationship building and maintenance.
- Contribute to the development of Marketing and Business Development Plans, Sector Plans, and National/Regional Account Plans, as appropriate.
- Play a key technical role on projects, providing strategic advice and direction throughout all project stages; engage in project work to maintain area of expertise.
- Track regulatory and market changes and develop innovative solutions to address these changes to increase our revenue and market share.
- Participate in client functions, trade shows and conferences.
- Work with senior leadership to assist with the development and implementation of National and Regional business development initiatives.
- Report to senior leadership on revenue attainment, key initiatives and upcoming opportunities for the Business Center
- Create and maintain relationships with other practice areas to promote cross-selling.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Experience in business development, you will be a results-oriented individual with a proven record of accomplishment for escalating revenue.
- Business development experience in land development and verifiable contact list.
- Strategic leader and thinker, with a proven ability to innovate.
- Positive, optimistic, and motivated in maintaining a competitive edge in the community development marketplace, knowing competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrated effective writing and communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Effective networking and relationship management skills.
- Motivation to grow our business.
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
- A minimum of 15 years of current technical project experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET certified institution.
- A master’s degree would be an asset.
- PE or SE required
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: 11/11/2019 11:17:41