Senior Structural Bridge Engineer -Inspection
Stantec’ has an immediate need for talented, team focused Senior Structural Engineers with a minimum of 10 years of experience in bridge engineering, design and bridge inspection. The position is located in the Laurel, Maryland offices. This position is for an individual with 10 years design experience looking to challenge themselves on a professional level on a variety of transportation projects. You will have the opportunity to learn, work on exciting and multi-faceted projects, and grow your career.
We are looking for Structural Engineers who excel in working in a team environment and have a passion for the work that they do. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and contribute to the design component of roadway and bridge projects throughout Maryland.
Your Key Responsibilities:
The majority of work will include bridge projects for departments of transportation and municipalities in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Key duties include preparation of plans, specifications, design calculations, bridge load ratings, cost estimates and bridge inspection services for DOT and Municipal clients.
Tasks would include but not be limited to performing bridge analysis, design and geometry calculations, developing drawings, and performing condition inspections and report preparations.
Position also entails preparing engineering reports and technical studies, preparing scope and fee proposals, preparing construction cost estimates and assisting on other projects, as needed, including construction phase services support, field work and performing independent design reviews.
Guide and mentor junior staff
- Experience with MDOT required; MSHA, MDTA and MTA preferred
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills
- Bridge inspection experience required
- NBIS certification preferred
- Registered PE in the state of MD, required
- Bridge load rating experience preferred
- A working knowledge of CADD is preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of bridge engineering, design and bridge inspection experience
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: email@example.com
Posted On: 10/18/2019 8:09:21