Mid Level Traffic Analysis / Operations Engineer
Whitman, Requardt and Associates, LLP
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will involve performing traffic analysis for transportation projects. Assignments will include traffic operational analysis, identifying and developing creative technical solutions, and preparing technical reports and presentations.
This traffic analysis position includes assignments such as traffic operational modeling/simulations, safety studies, transportation planning studies, travel demand modeling, traffic volume forecasting, MOT evaluation/analysis, traffic impact studies, and capacity analysis.
Our clientele includes a wide range of state and local agencies, including numerous MDOT SHA office and divisions, MDTA, Baltimore City, numerous Maryland counties, DelDOT, and VDOT. Project scopes range from identifying/evaluating small-scale intersection safety improvements to developing travel demand models, traffic volume forecasts, robust VISSIM models, and technical traffic evaluation reports for congested freeways through multiple interchanges. Analysis may include all modes of travel (highway, bus, rail, bike, and pedestrian) for urban, suburban, and rural environments.
Position may include work at a client site.
- BSCE degree required
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of traffic engineering with a focus in analysis and operations
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Basic understanding of traffic modeling (macro, meso, and micro)
- Experience with VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM, Quickzone
- Familiarity with AASHTO, MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, and Highway Safety Manual
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: email@example.com
Posted On: 10/11/2019 13:33:48