Sr. Traffic Analysis/Operations Engineer
Whitman, Requardt and Associates, LLP
Duties & Responsibilities
This position will involve leading traffic analysis for transportation projects. Candidates need to demonstrate a high-level understanding of traffic operations, identify and develop creative technical solutions, and exercise excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills. Oversight, mentorship, and management support of traffic analysis staff will be essential to deliver complete analysis assignments on-time. Candidates must have the ability to be highly responsive to clients.
This traffic analysis position includes assignments such as traffic operational modeling, simulations, and analysis, safety studies, transportation planning studies, travel demand modeling, traffic volume forecasting, MOT evaluation and analysis, traffic impact analysis, and capacity analysis. Familiarity with design standards for traffic signals, signing, markings, maintenance of traffic, and ITS devices is desired, though detailed design experience is not required for this traffic analysis position.
Our clientele includes a wide range of state and local agencies, including numerous MDOT SHA office and divisions, MDTA, Baltimore City, numerous Maryland counties, DelDOT, and VDOT. Project scopes range from identifying and evaluating small-scale intersection improvements to developing travel demand models, traffic volume forecasts, robust VISSIM models, and technical traffic evaluation reports for complex freeway operations with numerous interchanges. Analysis may include all modes of travel (highway, bus, rail, bike, and pedestrian) for urban, suburban, and rural environments.
Position may include work at a client's site(s).
- BSCE with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in traffic engineering with a focus in analysis and operations
- Licensed as a PE (MD registration desired); ideally with a PTOE
- High-level understanding of traffic modeling (macro, meso, and micro); experience in model development and application
- Experience with VISSIM, VISUM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, CORSIM, Quickzone
- Working knowledge AASHTO, MUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual and Highway Safety Manual
- Excellent reputation as an engineering professional
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- Experience in the development of scope and price for new assignments
- Experience in project management and contract management
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted On: 10/11/2019 13:32:05