Senior Civil Engineer - Land Development
Duties & Responsibilities
This role will include serving as the primary contact for our clients and has overall responsibility for the success of all assigned projects while working on large scale & highly visible development projects (residential, commercial, industrial, mixed use) as well as public sector facilities (parks, schools, etc.,) throughout the Maryland and Washington D.C. area.
• Perform and direct all aspects of civil engineering design including grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer, dry utility and erosion control, stormwater management and traffic control plans.
• Organize and lead project-related meetings and presentations.
• Coordinate with client, team members, sub-consultants, and prepared detailed scope/fee proposals.
• Prepare complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties; effectively facilitate the agency review/approval process.
• Process construction permits through local permitting agencies.
• Familiarity with plan approval and permitting in Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, and District of Columbia.
• Familiar with WSSC design requirements.
• Supervise construction phase support services, including development of bidding and contract documents, field inspections, progress meetings, final certifications, etc.
• Monitor and control project progress, staffing, budgets, and methods of analysis and objectives and keep client informed of progress, budget, work progress and challenges
• Plan and execute QA/QC plan for individual projects
• A strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including stormwater, utilities, paving, geometric roadway design, grading and earthwork
• A strong working knowledge of the regulatory/permitting process, and track record of successful project approvals and agency relationships
• Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice including developing, recommending, and introducing innovation to our clients’ projects
• Complete understanding of all phases of contract administration and execution, including scope definition, contract terms/conditions, negotiation, financial project management and complete contract performance (schedule and financial)
• A strong background in both private and public sector projects including commercial, residential, and mixed use developments as well as local governmental projects, with the ability to coordinate the entire project effort, client interaction and project management
• Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build trust, rapport, and effective working relationships, both internally within a multidisciplinary team and externally, including making presentations to regulatory boards, shortlist selection committees, etc.
• Proficient in Microstation/Auto CAD, Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, and HEC-RAS.
• Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 10 (ten) years’ experience in relevant civil/site or land development engineering.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
A Maryland Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required or must be able to obtain within first 6 months of employment
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
For More Information Please Click Here
Contact Information: Lisa.Crabb@Stantec.com
Posted On: 10/5/2022 10:59:47